I may be an old dog of questionable new-trick capacity but my ability to soak up random stuff like a sponge remains unparched (and it’s not just limited to red wine).
Here are four things I’ve learned this week.
1. I have my very own fishy counterpart.
Ladies and gentlemen, may I present for visual delectation Amblyrhynchotes honckenii. Better known as the (Mr) Evileye Pufferfish. Who knew?*
* excluding a certain S. Bloomer – an all round fine chap who reads this blog fairly often and happens to be a highly trained marine biologist.
2. Running can be more about your soul than your legs.
These pictures are proof that getting up in the dark and meeting strange running folk in a deserted pre-dawn carpark doesn’t necessarily have to lead to either dogging or snorting gin. Or both.
3. The weekly 5.45pm club time trial goes back to 5.30pm in winter.
Or more accurately, it did on Thursday. I know this because I rocked up at 5.37pm.
No. There are no photos for this one. Move along.
4. Walking with kids doesn’t always have to be a nightmare.
Just a truly lovely couple of hours out with the family in Newlands Forest.
Right. That’s your lot for now. Got my happiness out of my system and we can all go back to being miserable, angsty and riddled with doubt next week.